The CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows (EF) Award program identifies and supports the professional development of junior life sciences researchers who are keen to develop the skills and experiences needed to move translational projects from a university lab toward commercialization and potentially into a Chicago-based biotech start-up. The program exposes Fellows to a breadth of real-world experiences across the CBC institutions and connects trainees to the Chicago biomedical community.
- Highly competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Funds are available for travel associated with program responsibilities
- Office space will be provided and shared with additional EFs
- Appointments are for 12 months but are renewable for an additional 12 months by mutual agreement
- A bird’s eye view of the pipeline of early stage biomedical applications
- An unparalleled network of peers and mentors in the bio-entrepreneurship space
- Recent MS, PhD, MD, PharmD/PhD or MD/PhD recipient or recently completed an initial post doc in the biomedical sciences (biology, molecular biology, biophysics, chemistry, chemical biology or related fields) with a strong interest and passion for driving innovative and transformational biomedical research from the university lab toward clinical and ultimately commercial applications.
- A broad interest in translational research, with a primary focus on development of therapeutics or associated diagnostics and biomarkers.
- Prior exposure to contemporary drug discovery/development is desirable, but a profound interest in furthering this exposure is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication, along with outstanding analytical skills are critical.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and on a self-directed basis, but also as a high-functioning member of a team.
- Open to all regions
DEADLINE:September 10, 2022
To apply and for more information visit here