GSDF is open to applications from all parts of the world, for documentary projects up to 30 mins, either in production or post-production, with existing footage. 16 filmmakers will be selected to attend a series of online workshops, mentoring, and one to one pitches.In the past, GSDF has hosted some of the most established international media outlets, including: Arte France, BBC Arabic, CBC, Al Jazeera, BBC Africa, The Guardian, Coda Story and Our World.
GSDF 2023 will have a special focus on solutions oriented stories about people who are responding to social problems, with experiences we can learn from. We will dedicate 50% of the Forum places to such stories – stories that show us what works, what doesn’t, with evidence and context.To help filmmakers develop their projects, and to encourage a solutions approach, we opened our Call for Applications with worldwide workshops. GSDF Labs is a 3-day series of free events on short documentary storytelling, screenings and one-to-one consultations, online and around the world.
- Global Short Docs will provide mentoring, training and workshops to improve your project proposal and pitching skills. Once applicants get a firm that is ready to work with such applicants, applicants will receive a fee commission.
- GSDF is open to proposals from anyone, anywhere in the world.
- Our focus is on films that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
- We prioritize filmmakers from areas with low production capacity or little global visibility, as well as underrepresented filmmakers in geographical areas of established media production.
- We are especially looking for stories from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States.
DEADLINE: December 13, 2022
To apply and for more information visit here