Medical Research Council (MRC) calls for application for funding to support excellent global health research and strengthen research leadership across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). MRC aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented ‘rising star’ individuals who will lead high quality research on key global health issues pertinent to SSA. Researchers should be supported by an enthusiastic local research environment and by a UK-based mentor as part of a partnership between the African and UK institutions.
- Awards will provide support for up to five years and the requested amount should not exceed £750,000 in total.
- senior or complementary scientific expertise
- skill strengthening
- discipline widening
- technology sharing
- You can apply for this opportunity if you are a researcher based at an eligible African research institution with sufficient research capacity to manage and deliver research. This includes:
- universities or higher education institutions based in SSA with degree-awarding powers recognised by the government in which the organisation is based. This includes the MRC units at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in Uganda and the Gambia
- research focused institutes based in SSA either funded by the government of the country in which the organisation is based or by a not-for-profit organisation
- research focused not-for-profit organisations based in SSA with dedicated research capacity.
DEADLINE: December 1, 2022
To apply and for more information, visit here