The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions to support a just transition towards environmentally sustainable economies and societies for all.
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recognize the leadership that young people have demonstrated in the fight against climate change and their key role in driving climate innovation, including amid the COVID-19 induced jobs crisis. To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the two organizations have designed the “Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call”, with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
To that end, the IsDB and the ILO invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions based in the IsDB – ILO common member States to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions that equip youths (15-35 years old) living in the IsDB – ILO common member States with the competencies required for supporting a just transition in their communities.
- The top three ideas will be awarded USD 50,000; USD 30,000; and USD 20,000 respectively, to implement the proposed solution.
- Participation in the Innovation Lab: Through boot camps and remote mentoring, the winning proposals will receive technical support to turn, refine, develop, and pilot their ideas. The duration of the lab is between three and six months, depending on the stage of development of the solution.
- The winning proposals will receive support to raise awareness of their ideas and solutions, including an invitation to attend COP 27, where they will present their projects; press articles in the media, videos, among others.
- The winners and shortlisted entries will join the ILO Skills Innovation Network. They will be updated on the latest advances in innovation and skills development and get access to tools, resources and knowledge-sharing events that they can use to build new ideas and solutions
- Any youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions with contractual and registered capacity that has been in existence for at least two calendar years prior to the call deadline. The applicant must be registered in IsDB – ILO common member States.
- We accept ideas and solutions at any stage of development. They can be early-stage innovations or at a more advanced stage. They can be ideas to improve, expand and/or promote a solution that is already being implemented. They can be the idea of a single organization or involve a joint collaborative effort of different actors, such as governments, employers’ and workers’ organisations. In case of a teamwork, a project leader should be identified to coordinate the activities and to report to the IsDB and ILO.
DEADLINE: August 12 2022
To apply and for more information visit here