Apple is recognized as one of the top producer of mobile gadgets worldwide. The company has created a niche for itself with its range of iPhones which run on iOS. It is not a surprise to note that one of the most searched phone manufacturers on the internet is Apple. After all, you also searched for iPhone 5S price in Ghana.
There are several people in your shoes but I always advise that before even thinking of buying a phone you should take time to find out about its specifications and features. This will tell you whether the phone suits your needs and whether it is worth spending on.
All over the internet, there are reviews about iPhone 5S and when you check them out you can tell it is a high-quality phone designed to bring the user optimal satisfaction. iPhone 5S is an upgrade to the preceding iPhone 5. Apple went back to the drawing board to fix most of the issues that were complained about in the previous version of the phone.
iPhone 5S was released into the market in 2013 and at the time it was one of the best phones money could buy. That fact shouldn’t be too hard to believe considering its a few years down the line and the phone is still a major competitor on the mobile phone market. It comes with a better camera, faster processors, clearer graphics, and improved overall performance.
You read this far because you want to know more about the iPhone 5S so let me not hold back the information anymore. Below are the specifications and features of the iPhone 5S.
WHAT’S NEW: SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
This is about the number one feature that stands the iPhone 5S out as a groundbreaker. The phone sports the revolutionary fingerprint sensor, the first of its kind at the time of release. The sensor is located in the ring that is just around the home button. This means that to unlock your iPhone 5S all you need to do is put the selected finger over the home button and the phone is unlocked.
It was a revolutionary step in phone security which was quickly adopted by other phone manufacturers. The fingerprint sensor did not just keep strangers from going through your phone you could also restrict access to apps on the phone which helped maintain privacy.
Hardware and Software
As expected the iPhone 5S runs on the iOS. The operating system is mounted on a new improved processor which Apple calls the Apple A7 Processor. The processor is built on a 64-bit architecture and runs on 2GB of RAM. All of these make the phone twice as fast as its predecessor in terms of performance and five times better with respect to display graphics.
The phone comes in three colors which are silver, gold and black while maintaining the usual iPhone sleek design.
Display and camera
Apple saw the future and decided to design a phone that will be suitable for a great social media experience. Firstly though the screen is not so wide it is packed with enough pixels to ensure you enjoy clarity and beautiful graphics. The 4.0-inch retina display present in the iPhone 5 is unchanged, same as the 640 x 1136 pixels. What Apple did was upgrade the software and processor to improve the screen display. The iPhone 5S also comes with both front and rear cameras which is perfect for social media.
Let’s start with the rear camera. The camera is a 12-megapixel camera equipped with iSight capability and a five-element lens. With this camera also comes a dual-LED flashlight, BSI sensor, and panorama. You also have the luxury of shooting 1080p HD videos, even in slow mo.
The front camera is similar to what you have in iPhone 5 at 1.2-megapixels. The difference however is this one is BSI sensor equipped to enable you shoot neat videos or take clear photos in poorly lit environments. You can shoot videos at 720p HD, isn’t that just amazing?
iPhone 5S is well equipped just so you have an enjoyable internet experience. We all know the internet is the new oil and so being able to connect at the highest level possible is key. Apple understand this that is why they equipped the iPhone 5S with 4G LTE capacity. The phone also supports HSPA+ and GSM/EDGE connections. So wherever you are, as long as there is internet network, you will browse without stress. The phone also comes with wireless hotspot installed allowing you to share internet data with other devices around when the need arises.
iPhone 5S price in Ghana
I am positive at this point all yiu want to do is lay your hands on an iPhone 5S and begin browsing through. If you happen to be in Ghana at this time you can order the phone online from Jumia Ghana and Telefonika. You can also walk into any accredited mobile phone and pick whichever color you want.
Prices are from GHS785 upwards depending on your location and the variant of the phone you want to purchase. iPhone 5S comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants.
Here is a summary of the specs of the iPhone 5S:
- Status:Available, since October, 2013
- SIM Type:Nano SIM
- Operating System:iOS 7
- Processor:Apple A7 Processor with M7 motion co-processor
- Display:0-inch Retina Display (1136 x 640 pixels, 326 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Security:Fingerprint Scanner (Touch ID) for unlocking phone and buying apps
- Colours:Gold, Silver, or Space Gray
- Weight:112 g
- Dimensions:8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- Rear Camera:8 MP iSight Camera with BSI sensor, 1080p HD video, Dual-LED Flash
- Sapphire Crystal Lens Cover, Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR Filter, Burst Mode, Auto focus
- Front Camera:2 MP FaceTime Camera with BSI sensor, 720p HD video
- Siri Intelligent Digital Assistant
- 2GB RAM ?
- Storage:16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB
- 5mm jack
- Lightning connector (8-pin all digital connector replaces the 30-pin connector)
- Tri-axis gyroscope, Accelerometer, proximity sensor, digital compass
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GSM Quad-band GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- WCDMA/HSPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- 4G LTE (up to 100Mbps)
- CDMA/EVDO Rev A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz) (CDMA models)
- Apple iMessage messaging service
- Navigation with A-GPS/Wi-Fi/Cellular
- Apple Maps
- email/push email/IM
- Music player (MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR, MIDI)
- Video player (MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX)
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual-band with Wi-Fi hotspot
- Photo/Video editor
- WAP 2.0/XHTML/HTML browser
- Battery capacity: N/A
- Talktime:up to 10 hours (3G)
- Internet Use:up to 8 hours (3G), up to 10 hours (4G LTE or Wi-Fi)
- Audio Playback:up to 10 hours
- Video Playback:up to 40 hours
- Standby time:up to 250 hours