WhatsApp is currently rolling out its new “Community” feature to users. Communities on WhatsApp provide users with the ability to organize and bring related groups together under one umbrella.
Community admins can reach members with important updates by sending announcements, and community members can stay connected by exploring and chatting in groups that matter to them. Members can receive updates sent to the entire community and easily organize smaller discussion groups on what matters to them.
How To Create A Community (On Web)
1. Click Menu above your chats list in WhatsApp or click the New chat icon and select “New Community”
2. Enter the community name, description, and profile photo (The community name limit is 24 characters)
3. Click the green arrow icon to add existing groups or create a new group.
To Add Groups To A Community
1. Click Create New Group or Add Existing Group.
2. Create New Group: Enter the group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see. (You can create up to 10 new groups)
3. Add Existing Group: You can choose to add groups you’re currently an admin of to your community. Select which groups to add then click the green arrow icon.
When finished adding groups to your community, click the green checkmark icon.
- You can add up to 50 groups in addition to the announcement group.
- You can add up to 5,000 members to a community announcement group.
- Groups are open for any community member to join.