The Ecobank Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 33 African markets. The goal? To contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here. These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Challenge Grand Finale. The ultimate winner for 2022 will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000. All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- The ultimate winner will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000.
- Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as a local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystems.
- Fellows will be given access to a dedicated team to support on the Ecobank’s APIs test to enable them improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access and relationships to a vast network of global and African Accelerators and potential Investors as well as mentors.
- The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings. The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, etc. We’d like applicants to pitch us how their solutions can add value to these existing Ecobank digital offerings.
- All Fintechs with an Africa-Focused or Africa relevant product are eligible to apply to the fintech challenge
- Teams are to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges
- Customer experience
- Credit Scoring
- Ecosystem aggregation
- Financial Inclusion
- Ecosystem Aggregation
- Internal tools
- Any other relevant product categories
DEADLINE:September 16, 2022
To apply and for more information visit here