The Echidna Global Scholars Program at the Center for Universal Education (CUE) at Brookings seeks to catalyze and amplify the impact of local leaders working to advance gender equality in and through education across the Global South. During a six-month fellowship, Echidna Global Scholars conduct individual research focused on improving learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming people, develop their leadership and evidence-based policy skills, build substantive knowledge on gender and global education issues, and expand their pathways for impact. Upon completion of the fellowship, scholars transition to the Echidna Alumni Network, a growing community of practice aimed at promoting their significant, sustained, and collective influence on gender-transformative education globally and locally.
- Applicants selected for the Fellowship will receive a stipend of $22,500 to support living cost during the pre-residency and residency period ( Subject to U.S tax withholding and reporting).
- In addition, CUE will cost cost associated with visa process, single occupancy housing for the three and a half month residency period, round trip travel expenses, and a limited health insurance.
- Open to mid-career leaders with experience in and a demonstrated commitment to improving learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming people in and through education in the Global South
- Have substantial experience in, ties to, and a clear intent to return to a country in the Global South.
- Background in education, development, public policy, economics, or a related area; a Master’s degree (or higher) is required.
- 10+ years of professional experience in research/academia, nongovernmental, community, or civil society organizations, or government.
- An intimate understanding of education development issues and gender.
- Ability to collaborate with others, openness to give and receive feedback, and capacity and desire to learn with speed and flexibility.
- All Echidna Global Scholars must demonstrate proficiency in English.
DEADLINE: December 1, 2022
To apply and for more information, visit here